I thought this would be a perfect Idea for a wedding if I had one again. | Just hope I’ll never need to.
The church thing is quite beautiful I can’t deny. When I said the definitive yes, Husband and I were in a very cute church, with no many square meters by a still lake in Swedish summer afternoon.
If we did not have that idyllic scene, I’d have something totally different:
- Instead of a priest wise wo/men.
- Instead of an altar, a round table
- Instead of church sermon, philosophy on sharing lives, living together and matrimony.
- Best men and ladies of honor would have a talk about their conceptions of marriage.
- The reverends would object and/or defend marriage.
- In face of it all, the pair is questioned if they agree in doing such a life-long intended binding – and then, the Yes.
For a wedding music- The Valkyries, Carmen, Figaro…
For ceremony guests, round tables with wine and bread. The decoration would remind a cafe, with plenty of luxury, why not?
All this arrangement would make you marriage go under the sign of common thought and not empty promises.
- 30 Wacky Wedding Accessories – From Matrimony Crayon Carvings to Nebular Nuptial Bands (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Until death do us part … what? (flamingdarts.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Traditions from Around the Globe (redenvelope.com)
- Support the Secular Student Alliance! – – – SSA (richarddawkins.net)