I’ll allow myself using a pun, but I hate extremism.
There are (not so) few people who defend you should have things as natural as they are. These whatchamacallit people go arguing that everything should be eaten in their natural state, no processing, no medicine, chemic*** (ops. I almost swore).
In believing so, people would fight vaccination or even defend that drinking unpasteurized milk is a preferred alternative to pasteurized one. The main argument is that it is more natural and the reasons for pasteurizing such drink do not exist. Since my old years in school I knew that some food are to be cooked, some washed and some drinks are to undergo pasteurization because “it aims to reduce the number of viable pathogens so they are unlikely to cause disease (assuming the pasteurized product is stored as indicated and is consumed before its expiration date )”- (Wikipedia). Watch out that pasteurizing process (milk is heated up to 71.7°C (161°F) for 15–20 seconds) is different from UHT (at a temperature exceeding 135°C (275°F)).
Even you grow your cows yourself you cannot avoid them or their milk having bacteria that are dangerous to human beings – moreover if you don’t believe they are to be vaccinated! The same with your eggs, your orange etc.
Permit me now being grumpy and suggest some other natural attitudes for extremalists (naturalists?) to do.
- Fight the treatment of water (that is good for countries such as Brazil, Thailand etc.)
- Use only river or lake water to showering – no soap or treated water
- Eating a raw portion of toadstool (inspiration from trohopppolitik.blogspot)
- Avoid using any type of medication, specially for those open wounds – it’s natural to heal by itself.
- Eat unvaccinated meat – specially chicken.
The list can go on. No, anything is better just because they are in their natural state. Science has evolved a lot over the centuries and we live better, much better since the invention of hygiene processes, penicillin etc. Soap can change lives in treating wounds and preventing some loads of diseases including some types of cancer, for example (vulva, penis etc.)
If such people don´t have much more to worry about, I’ll bring them a post about possible worries for giving you reasons to fight or complain about life. 😀
- Third Party’s Stiod: Charge for having your spam spread! (stupidideasoftheday.wordpress.com)
- Bönder sålde opastöriserad mjölk (gp.se)
- Opastöriserad mjölk (trohopppolitik.blogspot.com.br)